So, you’ve made the decision to swap out the old house and find something more suited to your current lifestyle? Well, finding a real estate agent is critical in your process of selling your existing home. After all, it’s time to find your next home and start making new memories!
How to Find a Realtor
You need someone you can trust. Someone who you know will help you sell your home for top dollar. Here are 6 keys to finding the right realtor:
- Ask your friends and family for referrals.
- Check out agent websites and reviews.
- Only consider realtors that work for a reputable company.
- Schedule a face-to-face meeting with at least 3 realtors to ‘interview’ them.
- Finally, go with the realtor that gives you the best vibe. You’ll be working closely with this person, so finding the best fit is critical!
- When it comes to selling your house, you’ll have to do some work, and your real estate agent will do his or her part, too. Here are the 3 main things to consider after you find the right realtor.
One of the biggest things to focus on? The first impression of course! Curb appeal is everything when it comes to selling your home. You have to get the buyer inside the house before they can make an offer. So pay attention to the exterior of your home.
Make sure it’s well-kept, mowed/trimmed and maintained very well. Try adding a pop of color through plants or a new front door color. A can of paint can go a long way here!
Kitchens & Bathrooms
You may have heard the phrase “kitchens and bathrooms sell homes” and it’s for good reason. Renovating these rooms can be the most expensive, and they’re the most desirable areas of the home for buyers.
Adding new accessories such as a bathroom mirror, new cabinet pulls or a new kitchen backsplash is mostly inexpensive and can go a long way.
A dirty or messy home is a bad sign for buyers. So make sure your entire home is extremely clean before any buyers walk through your door. You could even hire specialized cleaners to give your home an extra boost! Consider tile and grout cleaners, window cleaners or carpet cleaners, to name a few.
Ask your realtor for more recommendations on specific improvements before listing your home. They’re the experts, and they are there to help you get top dollar for your home.